28 Days on a Liquid Protein Diet

Monday, January 12, 2009

Introduction - Day 1


Hello all and welcome to Dieting at High Velocity. The purpose of this blog is to track my progress on the Velocity Diet. For those of you who don`t know, the Velocity Diet is basically a 28-day High Protein diet. (You can read the details of it online here and here.) In my particular case, that means eight scoops of high-quality protein powder, plus two tablespoons of peanut butter, per day, for 28 days.

One is generally allowed one real meal per week, if one wants.

My currents stats are:

Gender: Male
Age: 43
Height: 5 feet 9 inches
Weight: 199.8 lbs

Several months ago, I tried the Velocity Diet and it was so successful I stayed on it for about 10 week
s, losing about 45 lbs in total. However, over the months that weight has crept back, so I am now returning to the Velocity Diet in hopes of losing 25 pounds (i.e., my goal weight is 175 lbs). I am starting this blog to share my experiences with others and to help keep myself on track.

I live in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and I'm being supervised by an excellent personal trainer, Eric Wong. I do one hour of resistance training with Eric 3x per week, plus 45 minutes of low intensity work on an elliptical crosstrainer 5-7x per week.

During each resistance workout I drink about a quart of water with a scoop-and-a-half of Surge mixed in.

I also listen to a 30-minute hypnosis track at night when I go to sleep and in the morning when I wake up. I know hypnosis has a rather dubious reputation, but I've had success with it in the past. (Note that you have to do it daily for at least 3 weeks before you start noticing the results.)

FYI, the protein powder I am using is Isobolic Advanced Protein Matrix. I am also taking several fish oil capsules a day, 4 tablespoons of ground flax seed, and a couple servings of Greens Plus. Also a multivitamin, a calcium and magnesium supplement, and a Vitamin D supplement.

Besides those supplements, I'm also taking a variety of (supposed) appetite suppressants, which may or may not have any real world effect. These include hoodia capsules, PGX, green tea extract and pine nut oil capsules. I'm rather skeptical about all such things, but the last time I was on the Velocity Diet, I was much less hungry than a lot of other people on the same diet have reported being, so maybe there is something to these things after all.

Here is my record for the day:

8:30 AM: 2 scoops protein powder, three fish oil capsules, three pine nut oil capsules, 2 tablespoons flax seed, 2 capsules green tea extract

12:30 PM:
2 scoops protein powder, three fish oil capsules, three pine nut oil capsules, 2 capsules green tea extract

4:00 PM: 1.5 scoops Surge

7:00 PM: 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tablespoon fax seed,
1 tablespoon peanut butter, 3 capsules pine nut oil, 3 capsules fish oil, 6 capsules Green Plus

10:20 PM: 1 tablespoon peanut butter

Today's Activities:
45 mins low-intensity cardio
1 hour resistance training
evening hypnosis session


Keywords for search engines: Velocity Diet blog, dieting blog, fitness blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Vistors to Date: